When was your last checkup?
Our bodies are much like many of the machines that we work with on a daily basis. We use our bodies for strenuous activities every day, and just like a machine our bodies need routine maintenance and checkups!
The general guidelines from medical professionals recommend that routine checkups should be as follows:
- Once every 3 years for individuals under the age of 50 and in good health.
- Once every year for individuals ages 50+.
If you have any chronic diseases or consistent health conditions it is recommended that you see your doctor more frequently for regular checkups. Ask your primary care providers for their recommendation on checkup frequency.
We're sure your wondering what are the benefits of a regular checkup? Let us tell you.
Regular checkups assist with:
- Discovering potentially life threatening health issues early.
- Early treatment of unknown conditions.
- Regular monitoring of existing conditions.
- Limiting extensive healthcare costs by treating serious conditions that can be caught early.
- Maintaining an open and healthy relationship with your provider.
There are many benefits that come with a regular checkup. These benefits are for men, women, old and young.
Check out this article from healthline,com that takes an in-depth look into the benefits and services that come with regular checkups.
If you are interested in setting up some routine maintenance for yourself give us a call at 931-728-6354, or come visit us at 481 Interstate Drive, Manchester, TN.